Products are linked after in-depth research. From qualifying purchases, I receive commissions as an Affiliate Associate but with no extra cost to the buyers.
Trimming of Goldendoodle is a mandatory part of their grooming. If your golden doodle’s hair is left untrimmed, it might also extend up to a length of 8 inches. That’s why grooming with the most comfortable clippers is indeed necessary. But using the best clipper blade size for Goldendoodle also plays a corresponding role. If the clipper blade size isn’t correct, you won’t get the desired style for your fur baby’s hair. Sometimes, you might also get his beautiful hair ruined due to using the wrong blade size. Again, at the same time, taking proper care of the blades and regularly oiling the clippers is also necessary so that the blades don’t get overheated or stuck with his hair.
How to Know Dog Clipper Blade Size?
The simplest way to know the clipper blade size of your dog clipper is to consider the length up to which the blade trims. For example, a #10 size blade leaves your Goldendoodle’s hair to a length of 1/16”. The more the blade number is, the more minor the blade cuts. Considering another example, #15 is a blade leaving a length of 1.2 mm. The #15 size cuts are larger than the sizes #30 or #40. Again, blades with a larger number, like #50 or #40, are used for precise minor and critical cuts, like paw pads, surgical zones, or an exceptional critical fashion.
What Clipper Blade Is Best For Goldendoodles?
You’ll undoubtedly get a huge variety of dog clipper blades in the market. They indeed range from the most expensive ones to the cheapest ones. Again, sometimes, clipper blades are found to be made of totally non-durable or plastic. The plastic blades are risky of being damaged within a very short time of use. That’s why the experts suggest using steel clipper blades which are comfortable to use and, at the same time, they are long-lasting. The Andis Ceramic Edge clipper blades and the Andis UltraEdge clipper blades are the best for regular use. They don’t get heated soon, and at the same time, they work very smoothly, thus helping your dog get a better cut.
How Can I Understand If My Dog Clipper Blades Are Getting Blunt?
Clippers become dull with the growing time. But it’s necessary to figure out when your clipper is dull enough to cause tugging and snagging while trimming your dog. This clogging while trimming your dog’s hair might cause significant hair loss or bleeding also. A situation when you find your clipper clogged in your dog’s fur is hazardous. It might cause your furry kid severe external injuries as well. Let’s look at simple statistics; if you clip around 5 dogs daily, a typical clipper blade will get dull within nearly 10 to 12 days. When the clipper blade becomes such dull, you either need to get it re-sharpened or get a new one.
How to Maintain Clipper Blade for Goldendoodle?
The best way to maintain your clipper nicely is to regularly oil it properly. If the clipper blade is oiled properly, it remains cool and sharp. If you are a professional dog groomer, then it’s recommended that you oil your clipper blades after every 20 minutes. Or if you are a regular dog parent and a home groomer, there is a fixed interval when you are required to oil your clipper blades properly. Sometimes, clipper blades get hot after using over two or three dogs. If you face similar problems as a professional, you should keep another set of clipper blades near your hand always. If one blade gets hot, you’ll still have another on hand to replace, for instance.
Best Clipper Blade Size for Goldendoodle
Overall reporting shows that many more clipper blades are required for a perfect haircut. But a short list of the extremely mandatory ones might help get them started for the first time.
- Oster Cryogen-X #3F Pet Clipper BladeOster Cryogen X 4f Blade For Smoothing Finishing After Grooming
- Oster Cryogen X 4f Blade for Smoothing Finishing After Grooming
- Andis UltraEdge 64122 5FC Stainless Steel Blade
- Andis UltraEdge 64080 #7 Carbon Steel Clipper Blade with Extended Edge
- Ceramic Blade #10 Detachable Stainless Steel Dog Grooming Blade
- Andis 64072 #15 Alloy Steel And Carbon Detachable Dog Grooming Blade
- Andis 64075 #30 UltraEdge Carbonized Steel Exclusive Dog Clipper Blade
- Andis 64076 #40 UltraEdge Carbon Infused Super Blocking Steel Clipper Blade
A brief description regarding the blades as mentioned above is stated as follows:
8 Best Clipper Blade Size for Goldendoodle
Oster Cryogen-X #3F Pet Clipper Blade for Dogs with Long Coat
Oster Cryogen X 3F is specially designed to give your furry companion a better cut and style. Professionals, as well as experts, highly appreciate it. The carbon steel 3F steel blade leaves the dog’s hair to a length of ½ inches. This #3 blade is mainly used for dogs with long fur. Moreover, this clipper blade is also patented with the Cryogen X process. The measures and dimensions of this blade mention 1-6/7×3/4×2-1/7 inches.
- Made with high-carbon steel
- Fits perfectly with most of the Oster clippers
- Appreciated for both home grooming and professional use
- Gives a nice and precise define
- Easily detachable and can also be re-sharpened easily
- Has superior blade quality and is durable as well
- Used for dogs with long hair, mainly
- The dimension of the blade measures1-6/7×3/4×2-1/7 inches
- Doesn’t get heated easily
- Adjustable with universal Oster comb attachments
- Re-sharpening the blades doesn’t provide the same result as before.
Oster Cryogen X 4f Blade for Smoothing Finishing After Grooming
The main objective of the Oster Cryogen X 4f blade is to provide an overall smooth finishing and final touching after the full grooming. This clipper blade is suitable for dogs having all hair sizes. The mentioned blade leaves your dog’s coat to a length of 3/8 inches. This clipper blade goes through the patented Cryogen X process, which takes the blade to 300 degrees F to make it extra hard. The mentioned clipper blade is also hand lapped, which helps to ensure a smooth cutting finish.
- This detachable clipper blade is made after following a 12-step process which ensures its superior quality
- Leaves your Goldendoodle dog’s coat to a length of 3/8 inches or 9.5 mm
- Patented Cryogen X process, which takes the blade to 300 F degrees to transform it to extra hard
- Ensures a smooth cutting finish
- Cuts through the coat, acting just like a comb
- The best for professional use as well as home grooming
- Fits in perfectly with Oster Turbo A5, Golden A5, A6, ultra PowerPro clippers and Power max
- Adjustable with universal Oster comb attachments
- Manufactured with superior quality in the USA
- The blade might get dull if used excessively, and frequent oiling is not done
Andis UltraEdge 64122 5FC Stainless Steel Blade
The Andis 5FC UltraEdge stainless steel blades are mainly used for precise trimming. And the mentioned blade also works significantly in trimming the leg and adjacent areas. It removes your dog’s hair by a length of ¼ inches. Another major task of this blade is to remove the lengthy and bulky hair of his face, feet, tail, ear, and paw pads. The 5FC clipper blade nicely fits with a lot of Andis models, like the AGR plus, AG, AGP, MBG, AGCL, and AGRC models.
- The blade removes the lengthy as well as bulky hair of his face, feet, tail, ear, and paw pads
- Made with stainless steel and significant for precise trimming
- Leaves your dog’s fur to a length of ¼ inches
- Made with a unique technique that hardens the blade and extends its lifespan
- Significant for full grooming as well as touch-ups
- Doesn’t cause snagging, pulling, or clogging of hair in the clipper
- Fits with Andis models, like the AGR plus, AG, AGP, MBG, AGCL and AGRC
- Compatible with Oster A percent and more other clippers of detachable blade types
- Best for professional uses and home use, also
- Lasts longer and is also durable
- Doesn’t get heated easily
- Many replicas or copies of this blade don’t provide similar results.
Andis UltraEdge 64080 #7 Carbon Steel Clipper Blade with Extended Edge
The Andis UltraEdge #7 carbon steel blade cuts your dog’s hair to a length of 1/8 inch. Well, this blade is specially designed for trimming over the body of dogs having a matted coat. The clipper blade is specially made with high-carbon steel. Because of the carburizing heat treatment existing in this clipper blade, it doesn’t get heated that easily. Again, this clipper blade size efficiently cuts your dog’s lengthy and heavy hair on the feet, face, paw pads, ears, and tail. It can work smoothly over a thick and matted coat. The above mentioned blade is compatible with models like BGR, BDC, MBG, AGC, DBLC, SMC, and BGC.
- Designed especially for trimming over the body of dogs having a matted coat
- Leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 1/8 inches
- Works efficiently to cut your dog’s lengthy and heavy hair on feet, face, paw pads, ears, and tail.
- Doesn’t get heated quickly
- Used for both professional and home use
- Made with a special carburizing heat treatment
- Durable and long-lasting
- Tooth is deep and nicely separated
- Constructed with high carbon studded stainless steel.
- It is compatible with clipper models like BGR, BDC, MBG, AGC, DBLC, SMC, and BGC.
- Cutting around the neck is difficult with this blade.
Ceramic Blade #10 Detachable Stainless Steel Dog Grooming Blade
The ceramic blade #10 cuts to a length of 1/16 inches or about 1.5mm. The #10 clipper blade size is widely supported for your Goldendoodle dog’s overall body and belly trimming. The replaceable blade is made with high-quality stainless steel, titanium coating ceramic, etc. This blade is compatible with Andis Ceramic Edge and detachable blade clipper series, like AGR plus, AGCL, AGC, AGRC, AGP, DBLC, and more. Again, it’s also nicely adjustable with most of the Wahl KM series and Oster A5 series. And especially this clipper blade is heat resistant and comparatively makes less noise.
- Maximum body parts can be trimmed using this clipper, like the breast, abdomen, belly, limb, foot, back, hip, and head.
- Leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 1/16 inch or about 1.5mm
- Made with high-quality 440C Stainless-steel
- Compatible with Andis CeramicEdge series and Andis detachable blade clipper series, like AGR plus, AGCL, AGC, AGRC, AGP, DBLC, and more.
- Blade nicely fits with most of the Wahl KM series and Oster A5 series.
- Makes less noise relatively
- Special heat tolerance of it resists it from heating up early.
- Doesn’t get clogged in your dog’s hair
- Runs over a longer run comparatively.
- Blades get dull due to heavy uses.
Andis 64072 #15 Alloy Steel And Carbon Detachable Dog Grooming Blade
The Andis #15 alloy steel and carbon steel premium blade leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 3/64 inches or approximately 1.2 mm. This clipper blade size helps remove lengthy and highly bulky hair on the face, ears, tails, paw pad, and feet. Because of being constituted of a new technique, its edge life has extended. Well, the mentioned #15 blade is most suitable for medium-sized dogs. Again, it’s not for overall grooming. But this blade is used for particular parts of grooming. The special hardening process of this clipper blade makes it long-lasting.
- Suitable dogs of medium size, mainly
- Leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 3/64 inches or 1.2 mm approximately
- Removes lengthy and highly bulky hair of face, ears, tails, paw pad, and feet
- Made in an extra-ordinary hardening process
- Durable and surely long-lasting
- Used especially for touch-ups and particular cuts
- Doesn’t clog hair and doesn’t cause harm to your dog
- Compatible with most the detachable blade-type clippers
- Heat resistant and rust resistant at the same time.
- Doesn’t get heated even after running a long run
- Not for overall grooming
Andis 64075 #30 UltraEdge Carbonized Steel Exclusive Dog Clipper Blade
The Andis #30 blade leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 1/50 inches or approximately 0.5 mm. The mentioned blade is made with a premium quality carbon blade. This blade won’t cause any clogging or damage to your doodle dog’s hair. Moreover, it is heat-resistant and rust-resistant. Thus, the clipper blade lasts over a longer run. This strong blade is made with unique toughening cutting technology. Again, the special feature of this clipper makes it run for a longer time. The central purpose of using this clipper blade is to trim over the face, feet, ears, and tail. The function of the sharp edges is to contribute to simple cutting.
- Mainly for larger pets and dogs of large breeds
- Leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 1/50 inches or 0.5 mm
- Made with premium quality stainless steel carbon blade
- Heat-resistant and rust resistant
- Made with the special toughening cutting technology
- Long-lasting and durable
- Compatible with several brands of clippers of detachable blade type
- Doesn’t clog hair and also doesn’t cause any harm to your dog
- Used mainly for particular grooming tasks.
Andis 64076 #40 UltraEdge Carbon Infused Super Blocking Steel Clipper Blade
The #40 size supper blocking clipper blade leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 1/100 inches, which is near about 0.25mm. The mentioned blade size is used majorly for precise cutting around the ears, tail, feet, and face. This special blade is manufactured of high-quality carbon and stainless steel. The main objective of its sharp edges is to help in smooth cutting. This unique blade has a chrome finish which protects it from getting rust. At the same time, this clipper also doesn’t get clogged and doesn’t cause any harm.
- Suitable for overall body grooming
- Leaves your dog’s hair to a length of 1/100 inches which is near about 0.25mm
- Also designed for trimming over the tail, feet, ears, and the face
- Manufactured with appreciated high-quality carbon stainless steel
- Blade has a chrome finish which prevents it from getting rust
- Doesn’t get heated so easily
- Fits with maximum Andis models, like AGR plus, AG, AGRC, and AGCL.
- Doesn’t get clogged and doesn’t cause any damage to your dog as well
- Its sharp edges are designed to run smoothly.
- Users complain this blade is a louder one comparatively.
Wrapping It Up
When you have decided to give a perfect and fashionable look to your Goldendoodle, selecting all the necessary clipper blades is mandatory. However, it’s tough for new dog owners to collect all possible blade numbers. That’s why they require a list of the best clipper blade size for Goldendoodles to sort out the most reliable and important ones so they can start initially with their best. However, one should always be alert of oiling, and proper care of the blade is equally important as buying them.