Brushing teeth twice a day has turned into a mandatory duty of human beings. More or less, maximum dwellers on earth follow this rule strictly to keep their teeth strong and their oral health supportive. But, our dogs also require the same type of regular brushing. So, to maintain the healthy oral hygiene of your dog, regular brushing of teeth with dog toothpaste is necessary. But it was found from a poll that only 8 percent of the dog owners were habituated to brushing their dog’s teeth every day. But regular brushing of your dog’s teeth is a necessary matter that needs to be taken care of because regular brushing of teeth with compatible dog toothpaste can help your dog prevent various periodontal diseases, gingivitis, inflammation and tartar.
Is Dog Toothpaste Necessary?
We brush our teeth on a regular basis to prevent the formation of tartar and plaque on our teeth. The same goes for our dogs. Tartar and plague easily develop in dog’s teeth if not brushed properly. In addition, regularly brushing your dog’s teeth keeps his oral hygiene healthy and refreshes his breath. A specific dog toothbrush is necessary for dogs because human toothpaste is not a flexible option.
What Is the Perfect Time to Start Brushing My Pup’s Teeth?
A popular recommendation for brushing your pup’s teeth is to wait until his adult teeth come out, nearly around the age of more or less 6 months. For brushing frequencies, brushing your dog’s teeth every day is ideal. But brushing his teeth a minimum of three times each week is mandatory. However, according to a professional recommendation. It will activate his healthy oral hygiene.
Is Human Toothpaste Safe For Dogs?
Absolutely, human toothpaste is not suitable for dog’s use. It is specially designed with ingredients for cleaning human teeth. The human toothpaste contains ingredients not supported for dogs and might also cause upset stomachs or disturbances in the digestive tract. In addition, human toothpaste contains an excessive level of sodium not suitable for dogs. Again, human toothpaste also contains Xylitol which is the most toxic substance for dogs. That is why; your dog should not be allowed to brush teeth with human toothpaste.
Is Sorbitol Safe For Dogs In Toothpaste?
Sorbitol is an artificial sweetener that is said to be safe besides other sweeteners, like stevia. It’s a special kind of sweetener that is safe for your dog than the use of toxic Xylitol.
Enzymatic Toothpaste: Are they Safe or Not?
Enzymatic toothpaste is undoubtedly safe and harmless to your dog. They contain ingredients that are able to break down the food particles and debris in between the teeth gaps and kill those bacteria, which later on lead to the formation of plaque and tartar. These special types of toothpaste cleanse the entire the whole mouth and present a fresh breath.
What Is The Best Dog Toothpaste For My Fur Baby?
Most dog toothpaste that is safe consists of a few necessary ingredients, like fluoride, abrasives, and water. Baking soda acts as a great cleansing agent for dog teeth. Other mention-worthy ingredients of preferable dog toothpaste include- cinnamon and olive oil.
The Safest Dog Toothpaste for Your Fur Kid
A few recommendations for dog toothpaste are mentioned here below:
- Petrodex Poultry Flavour Enzymatic Dog toothpaste
- APK Natural 4-in-1 Freshening Brushless Dog Toothpaste Chews
- Petsmile VOHC Approved Professional Dog Teeth Brushing Toothpaste
- Virbac Enzymatic CET dog toothpaste with a poultry flavor
- Oratene Vet recommended Dog Toothpaste In Gel Format
- Vet’s Best Veterinarian Formulated Enzymatic Toothpaste For Dogs
- RADIUS Organic Dental Toothpaste For Adult Dogs
- Arm and Hammer Baking Soda Formulated Chicken Flavor Dog Toothpaste
Using safe dog toothpaste for your furry kid is indeed crucial. However, bit negligence in selecting safe toothpaste may lead to a disaster. The possible consequences might range from mild gingivitis and plaque to swelling up of gums and losing teeth.
8 Toothpaste: What Toothpaste Is Safe For Dogs?
Petrodex Poultry Flavour Enzymatic Dog toothpaste
The Petrodex enzymatic toothpaste is made tasty with a special flavor which makes your dog considerate as a treat. Plaque can settle as tartar within a minimum of 3 days. But this enzymatic toothpaste fights tartar and bad breath of your fur kid. The toothpaste includes a non-foaming formula to work well, but it does not insist on rinsing. It keeps your dog’s gum healthy and prevents the setting of dirt and debris. Besides freshening your dog’s breath, it also adds a polished shine to your dog’s teeth.
- Provides advanced dental care.
- Its Hydrogen-peroxide producing formula reduces tartar and prevents plaque build-up.
- Cleans your dog’s teeth and fights bad breath.
- Toothpaste comes with a no-foam formula.
- Doesn’t require rinsing.
- Tasty poultry-flavored toothpaste tastes like a treat.
- Toothpaste containing an amount of each pack is 6.2 ounces.
- Polishes the teeth to make them brighter and white.
- Safe for the puppies and the adults.
- Sometimes it is seen that the company changes flavor that dogs don’t like.
APK Natural 4-in-1 Freshening Brushless Dog Toothpaste Chews
The APK Natural brushless toothpaste is a great choice for medium-sized dogs. The mentioned toothpaste comes in the format of chews. Its natural ingredients include honey, alfalfa, cinnamon, and more. The outer part of the mentioned dog chew abrasively cleans your dog’s teeth; the central part of the toothpaste protects his teeth. Other functions that the dental chews also carry out include- reducing plaque and tartar formation and freshening up his breath. In addition, the chews are free from preservatives, colors, artificial flavors etc.
- The outer part of the chew abrasively cleans your dog’s teeth.
- The central part protects his teeth.
- Mechanically reduces the plaque and tartar formation.
- Refreshes his mouth and reduces odor.
- Natural ingredients include honey, alfalfa, cinnamon, and more.
- Fights tartar, plaque, bacteria etc.
- Formulated for medium breed dogs.
- Preferable for dogs of 12 weeks and more and weighing 20 to 40 pounds.
- 2 times daily use is the recommendation for better results
- Free from soy, corn, wheat, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Users claim that the value pack includes smaller-sized chews
Petsmile VOHC Approved Professional Dog Teeth Brushing Toothpaste
The Petsmile professional toothpaste is clinically verified to inhibit and fight tartar, plaque formation, and growth. The professional toothpaste set includes toothpaste and a brush. It is made with human-grade pet-safe ingredients, including dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, Calprox, Citric acid, cellulose, glycerin and more. The brush is dual-headed for adjusting to the teeth of either small or large dogs. The bristles of the dog brush are set at 45 degrees for a convenient brushing of the teeth.
- VOHC accepted.
- Hypoallergenic to dogs
- Clinically proven to be effective in removing plaque and tartar build-up and gingivitis.
- Includes a double-headed toothbrush to adjust with dogs of all sizes.
- Bristles of the dog brush are set at 45 degrees for convenient brushing.
- Protein pellicle bio-film protects his teeth from the settling of plaque, tartar or bacteria.
- Safe ingredients include- dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, Calprox, Citric acid, cellulose, glycerin, and more.
- Made with human-graded, safest ingredients for your pup.
- Free from paraben, silica, gluten, sulfate, BPA-free, and vegan.
- Some dogs dog diarrhea after using it.
Virbac Enzymatic CET dog toothpaste with a poultry flavor
The Virbac enzymatic CET dog toothpaste is specially formulated with dual enzyme formula. This formula has no foaming agent, which is why it won’t make your dog suffer even if it is swallowed. Moreover, no rinsing is required after the use of this toothpaste. And that’s why; it can be referred to as an ideal pick for the busiest owners. Whether a cat or a pup, you can use this toothpaste on both of them. Moreover, this mentioned toothpaste can inhibit growth and tartar and also eliminate bad breath.
- Contains no foaming agent
- Dual enzyme formula
- Prevents the inhibition of plaque and tartar
- Safe even if it is swallowed
- Especially in the poultry flavor that dogs like
- Used by cats also besides dogs
- Includes sorbitol, Potassium Thiocyanate, Sodium Benzoate, Glycerin, and more.
- Eliminates bad odor in the mouth
- Users claimed difference when bought from third parties
Oratene Vet recommended Dog Toothpaste In Gel Format
The Oratene vet recommended gel toothpaste is an efficient choice for your fur baby. That is because it keeps your furry kid’s gums and teeth healthy and clean. It’s free from Xylitol or alcohol and is 100% safe for your dog. No toxic substances are present, and its non-brush dental care feature makes it ideal for everyday use. It also fights the odor-causing germs and prevents plaque and tartar build-ups. In addition, its easy-to-use formula makes it suitable for kittens, pups, cats, and dogs.
- Keeps your pet’s teeth and gums healthy and odor free
- Prevents plaque and tartar build-ups in the mouth.
- No rinse, non-drying and no- brushing formula
- MD2 and patented LP3 system handle bad breathe
- Made with 100% safe ingredients
- Applicable to cats alongside dogs
- Combats the odors causing germs
- In a pleasant flavor so that dogs easily like it
- Comes with anti-inflammatory properties that cause no harm or side effects
- Free from Xylitol, alcohol, or detergent
- Maintains the pH balance
- Doesn’t cause excessive salivation
- Some pets don’t like the flavor of it.
Vet’s Best Veterinarian Formulated Enzymatic Toothpaste For Dogs
The Vet’s best enzymatic toothpaste is specially formulated with effective soothing features. Its special formula contains a precious blend of enzymes, neem oil, a mix of Aloe, baking soda, natural flavors and grapefruit seed extracts. This special toothpaste whitens your dog’s teeth and maintains healthy gums. The brush coming with the set is triple-headed, which makes the work even easier. The mentioned product fights plaque and tartar and eliminates bad odor in the mouth.
- Effectively soothes gums and teeth.
- Combats bad odor and gifts a fresh breath
- Made with natural extracts, like a blend of enzymes, Neem oil, a mix of Aloe, baking soda, natural flavors, and grapefruit seed extracts.
- It’s safe even if it is swallowed.
- Reduces down settling of plaque and tartar
- Whitens teeth
- Made with natural flavors that dogs like
- Freshens breathe with fragrances
- The triple-headed brush in the set makes the brushing task easier.
- The Neem oil in it made some dogs sick
RADIUS Organic Dental Toothpaste For Adult Dogs
The RADIUS organic dental toothpaste is made of an awesome blend of sweet potato and coconut. This blend helps to combat tartar and plaque build-ups. And it also prevents the possible formation of cavities in teeth. Nothing toxic or harmful is included in this toothpaste. And its use is suitable for adult dogs mainly. The set also constitutes a brush made of firm bristles and a non-slip handle.
- Prevents bad odor in the mouth
- Infused with an awesome blend of sweet potato and coconut
- Combats plaque and tartar formation
- A soft brush with firm bristles and non-slip features in included
- Naturally whitens the teeth
- Free from Xylitol, artificial preservatives, dues, fluoride, saccharin, sweeteners and other harmful substances
- Maintains the optimum oral health
- Prevents cavities in teeth
- Nontoxic formula with additional cinnamon extract
- Use of this toothpaste on cats is not supported
Arm and Hammer Baking Soda Formulated Chicken Flavor Dog Toothpaste
The mentioned toothpaste can efficiently remove plaque and tartar build-ups in your dog’s teeth. Removing dirt and debris causing bad breath is also a feature that helps maintain healthy gums and teeth. The toothpaste is infused with baking soda and necessary enzymes, which are also 100% safe for puppies. Moreover, the toothpaste contains a tasty chicken flavor, making it taste like a treat. Important toothpaste ingredients include sorbitol, hydrated silica, solid chloride, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate, and more.
- Fights plaque and tartar build-ups
- Infused with baking soda to remove dirt and debris from teeth
- Specially made in the flavor of chicken which makes them feel it like a treat.
- Removes those germs or bacteria that cause bad odor
- Whitens the teeth
- Protects both the teeth and gum from damage
- Maintains an optimum oral health
- Prevents all possible dental diseases
- Its important ingredients include sorbitol, hydrated silica, solid chloride, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate and more.
- Irritant to your dog’s eyes
Wrapping It Up
Sorbitol, Aloe Vera extracts, and hydrated silica are some of the mention-worthy ingredients of dog toothpaste. The necessary enzymes to clean teeth must include ingredients of enzymatic toothpaste. But the main aim is to find toothpaste that is safe for dogs. And in such a case, you need to be assured that the product you want to buy doesn’t include Xylitol, alcohol, detergents, or any artificial ingredients.